Growing Employee Engagement
By offering the engineering, construction, and project management expertise needed for today’s networked environment, CTS has expanded far beyond its Marlborough, Massachusetts headquarters to 500 employees in 30 states.
As CTS has grown, so too has the company’s need to manage employee health benefits in multiple states, and Blue Cross has been there every step of the way. “Quality, service, and cost are our top priorities for employee benefits, and Blue Cross delivers on every count,” says Gina Polewaczyk, director of human resources. She cites a number of ways Blue Cross delivers value for CTS:
- The Blue Cross network of doctors and hospitals: “Other carriers can’t match their network in the 30 states where we have employees,” she says. Twenty percent of our employees are in small, rural communities, and seeing a specialist is never a problem because of the excellence of their nationwide network.”
- The Hospital Choice Cost Sharing benefit option: “We decided to include this feature because it puts Blue Cross members in the driver’s seat for procedures like CT scans, PET scans, blood work, and outpatient surgery. Our employees can choose lower-cost, high-quality hospitals and pay less, or higher-cost facilities and pay more, which means they can manage their out-of-pocket expenses as smart consumers.”
- Value-based benefit enhancements: This approach focuses on improving the health of members who have chronic conditions by making it easier and less expensive for them to get needed medications.
- Disability and dental coverage: “It’s great that Blue Cross can bundle medical, dental, and long- and short-term disability coverage,” Gina says. “Their dental PPO works for all of our employees, and we never have issues with claims.”
In 2016, CTS employees will also be able to participate in an expanded company wellness program developed in collaboration with Blue Cross.
Their team helped us tailor a healthy living program that is national in scope. It is exactly what we have come to expect after eight years working with Blue Cross – a true partnership based on the best interests of CTS and our employees.
– Gina Polewaczyk, director of human resources
Nationwide, CTS has installed more than 5,000 Distributed Antenna System wireless networks for corporations, sporting venues, airports, hospitals, hotels, and government buildings. In 2015, their major projects included New York’s Lincoln Holland Tunnel and Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres.