Designing a Healthier Workplace
In 2015, we had a rare opportunity to incorporate numerous healthy features into the design of our own employees’ workspace as we moved into new Boston offices at 101 Huntington Avenue.
- Our wellness center offers scheduled classes (yoga, meditation, etc.) and wellness consultants to provide personalized plans for employees.
- All of our employees have automated adjustable desks, and every office floor has a treadmill desk for employees to use.
- The floors of our offices are connected by open, internal stairways and improved stairwells.
- We offer an extensive, healthy menu of nutritious, local, and sustainable food options in our cafeteria.
- A living wall of pothos plants brings nature directly into the office, cleaning the air and providing a point of relaxation.
- The office has 100% LED lighting, and 97% of our seated spaces have access to daylight.
- The new location gives our employees easy access to bus, subway, and commuter rail public transportation.
- We’ve enhanced our green@blue program, including composting in our cafeteria and on each floor.
- Carpeting is made from 100% recycled material, furniture is free of flame-retardant chemicals, and 100% of cafeteria wares are compostable.
- Our Empowering Abilities Employee Resource Group collaborated with the developer on workspace design, improvements to parking access, and evacuation planning.